This has been a hell of a year for me and my family. I've had to have surgery twice. I've never had a major surgery before, and now here I am with multiple scars and the year is only half over. Fortunately both of them seemed to be successful. I think.
Back surgery was first, and I was flat out for almost a month before I went in for it. I feel like I am still recovering from that one, though now instead of my left side hurting it's my right. Am I going to have to have surgery again? I really hope not, but the magic 8 ball will tell. Or the MRI.
Speaking or MRIs, when they were doing them on my back a mass was discovered in my left kidney. As a diabetic, anything that relates to a kidney is somewhat terrifying. Once I had my back taken care of we had to pivot to this 4 centimeter thing that was hanging out in my abdomen. It wasn't causing trouble and was found by accident (or by an observant MRI technician, at least) but the C word was mentioned, and I am still waiting on the pathology report.
I won't say that the news is all bad, since even though the second opinion on whether or not the mass was cancerous has yet to come back, the doctor thinks it most likely was benign. Or at worst a non-aggressive cancer. So I am trying to be optimistic. But after several CT scans and MRIs and a freaking surgery I would like to know, for certain, what exactly was going on in my body.
Is going on in my body? 😧
It doesn't help that I keep getting emails from the hospital that say there's a pathology report, yet when I log in there is no report there. It's gut tightening, teeth clenching for a moment, and then utter disappointment that I still don't know. Why tell me there's a report when there is, in fact, no report? I mean, what if they're wrong and it's actually a worst case scenario? Sure, they checked to see if there were spots in my chest and saw nothing, but that was in May. Maybe it did spread before they took it out. Or hopefully I'm just over reacting.

No comments:
Post a Comment