Thursday, January 10, 2013

I resolve to do nothing

Happy New Year!

This year I will not resolve to do a damn thing because a few years ago I made a resolution to stop making those things, and for once it stuck.

I have decided this year to exercise more and eat better, which I decide to do every year. But if I fall off the wagon, and get back on, so be it. It's not a crime to screw up. If it were a crime we'd all have rap sheets ten miles long. To err is human, after all.

Also, my blood sugar is low as I write this, so let's see where it goes. (Before anyone gets all bent outta shape, yes, I am taking care of it. It takes time for it to come up, though, so why not see where this goes?)

I am trying to be better bout eating right and not worry so much about calories, mostly because I think the exercise will do more than eating nothing but carrot sticks and half size portions. As long as I am not eating fast food and binging on family size bags of chips I should be okay. I'm also trying to do exercise that I can do anywhere since there is going to be a lot of travel in my future if the hubs, work, and New Kids on the Block all align the way I want them to.

Travel for any reason always messes me up. I hate flying, so in the days leading up to a flight I get nervous. I don't sleep well anyplace other than my bed. I can't always eat right when I'm at a conference because I'm rushing around trying to get to meetings and what have you. And don't get me started on time zones.

A 9 am meeting in Boston is great when your body doesn't think it's only 6.
 

Travel is also a pain when you have two medical devices, various lengths of sharp pointy needles, and other medical sundries to concern yourself with. I may be gone three days, but I need to take six days worth of supplies with me because most of this stuff I can't just hit up the local drugstore for. If you forget your tooth brush, well, most hotels can accommodate you. I forget my pump supplies? Very bad things.

I'll be heading to the Pacific NW for a conference in a couple weeks, and already I am stressing about packing and getting through airport security and making sure I have enough stuff with me in case of emergency...Imagine how stressed I'll be the night before my flight. I'll let Phillip J. Fry demonstrate.


Exactly. Thanks Fry.

I let myself get stressed, I know, but honestly, who doesn't stress out when there is travel involved? It's fun, and can be very rewarding, but there is always a part of me that just wants to say, "Let's stay home, okay?"

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you! :) I really hope you have time to see our new home and to catch up. We miss you and Ken and our family and friends!

    Travel safe and if you need a place to escape just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete