Friday, January 25, 2013

Beeeee Positive

It's the day before my conference trip to the Pacific Northwest. I am both excited about it, and dreading it. How I can be both things equally has me a little perplexed...kind of like when I try to fix my computer without asking for my husband's help first.

Got this off of Guudmorning's Flickr stream and kind of wonder if I'm being spied on because I've made this face before...

Anyway, I am excited because I get to see friends I have not seen in a while (yay!), and because I've not ever been to Seattle and I like to visit new places. I am also excited because going to conferences always rejuvenates me and re-inspires me in my career, which is something that I need to do every now and then otherwise I get in a rut and then feel like I'm not contributing to society the way I should be. And while I am not looking forward to spending time away from the husband he gets some guilt free WOW time and I don't have to fight for space on the bed for a couple nights.

But dear Lord I can't stand to fly. The whole concept scares me. You're up in the air, no net, no wires, in a thing that weighs a lot and looks nothing at all like it should be able to get off the ground even a little without one of those giant ass cranes they use to build skyscrapers.

Does this really look like something that belongs UP in the AIR?

Even if I can get past my fear of  110 year old technology I still have other issues I need to contend with. I usually sleep on planes, but the take off and landing parts always make me ill, especially flying into places that have too much wind (I'm talking about you, Vegas) and most especially if I'm already having tummy issues, which are going to be there if I am stressed out. Which I am. Also, there is dealing with getting through airport security, which I may have mentioned before is always a hassle because for some reason I am the only person in the world with an insulin pump and a continuous blood glucose testing monitor... I'll save that rant for some other time.

I really need to start packing. First thing that goes into the suitcase? Diabetes supplies. Unless, of course, I am going to just do carry-on, in which case they are the last thing that goes in because chances are I will have to take them out and show them to someone. Some might say that I should always keep my supplies with me even if I do check my luggage because then when the airline loses everything I will at least have the important things.  And I might be inclined to agree with that now that I've really thought about it.

Carry on it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment