Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Goddamnitsomuch

With less than a month of lead time, we were notified our insurance is changing, effective September 1st. My endocrinologist is NOT COVERED. I bet NONE of my doctors are, and right now I'm too disheartened to even look. Likely, I will have to go through getting all of my pump and CGM supplies recertified, a process I JUST FINISHED DOING with the other insurance. I'll either have to find a new endocrinologist and start all over, or pay the $100 office visits myself. And if I decide to suck it up and pay for the office visits, none of the tests he runs will be covered so I will have to pay for all of those out of pocket, too.

"91.7% of providers in the Multiplan PPO network are also in the Aetna PPO network, so very few of you will have to change providers in order to receive services from an in-network provider." You know what that is? Bullshit. I don't usually mind being the exception to the rule, but in this case I MIND VERY MUCH.

Add this to the stress of my car dying this month, causing a financial setback I wasn't prepared for, and I'm pretty much at the end of the rope folks.

<insert snarky comment I'm too upset to come up with right now here>

I'm so stressed out and depressed about this that I'm crying. Not even music is making me feel better. What the hell sort of day is it when listening to New Kids on the Block doesn't make me feel better? A hell of a day, I guess. I just hope the rest of the week doesn't suck this much...

Lloyd Bridges was hilarious

I'm sure I'll just go in to work (late, because I'm not even dressed yet) and call the new insurance on my lunch break and keep my cool and figure this out like a responsible, mature adult. Or I'll ignore it, have a hissy all day, and blow my diet by drinking the six beers in the fridge as soon as I get home. Right now I am undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment