Wednesday, October 10, 2012

< insert snark here >

Not feeling my snarkiest today, which is bad, because I love my snark. It's kewl.

There's a reason I'm not feeling very snarky today. One, my blood sugar is kinda high right now, which always puts me in a foul mood. The other is I'm having a medical procedure done on Friday that requires anesthetic, and I'm not exactly looking forward to this. In fact, I'd have to say I'm the polar opposite of looking forward to this.

I won't get into details, but it's a routine thing that literally half of everyone I've talked about it to have either had it done or know someone who has. That doesn't make it any less nerve wracking. I don't like being put under for anything. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago I woke up in the middle of the procedure and let me tell you, that's not a good experience. Kind of like in Awake....only not like that at all, actually, and with a lot less Hayden Christensen.

It took less time to become Darth Vader.
 
My real problem with this is that I can't eat anything (I can't even drink water) for at least eight hours before my procedure, which is scheduled for early afternoon. In case you're new here, I'm a diabetic. Not eating all morning is not usually recommended. I've already had to reschedule this once for work related reasons...I don't really want to have to put it off again because I needed to keep my blood sugar from crashing (though with the high blood sugar trend I've had going, that is probably the least of my worries at this point.)
 
It doesn't help that my allergies are really kicking up, too, which makes me cranky. There's a list of medications a page long that I am not supposed to take for at least a week before this surgery, and rather than read it because it's long and the same medication can be called three different things, I've just cut myself off of all meds other than insulin. No pain meds, no allergy meds, and I've even run out of vitamins, though I gotta say I'm a little glad not to be swallowing those horse pills anymore.
 
'Nuff said.
 


Anyway, if you would be nice enough to send some good juju out into my general direction Friday, that would be nice of you. And if you can't send good juju, at least send pizza 'cause this girl is gonna be HUNGRY when all is said and done.

2 comments:

  1. When I woke up from my hernia surgery I demanded cheese crackers... and you know what, they gave them to me. lol You'll be back up to snark in no time! Why, because I said so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really am gonna want Mac and Cheese and mashed potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete