Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth

I had my last doctor's appointment of the month this morning, and it went surprisingly well. I've been stressed out the past three months or so, as some of you know. Things not in my control have been weighing heavily on my mind. Add that to the serious lack of exercise due in part to my foot being uncooperative, and I was expecting to see my nice 6.9 Hba1c look more like an 11 (which in this case is not a good thing despite what the members of Spinal Tap say.)

Here's the report.

 
!!!!!
 
My husband says not to look a gift horse in the mouth, my doctor says I must thrive on stress. I say...well, when I figure out what to say I'm sure it will be a smashing reply. To say that I am pleased would be an understatement.
 
I cannot figure out what I did either, which is frustrating. I certainly haven't been eating well, though I am now more inspired to get on MyFitnessPal.com...which sucks because I can't remember my password and I can't remember the password for the email address I used to sign up for it. Anyways, my point is that if I did know what it was I had done to get better control while seemingly having worse control I would tell you.
 
I gave up caffeine and am trying to stay away from aspartame if at all possible, which has limited my drink selections but I don't think has given me better control over my diabetes. I've been trying to at least eat less throughout the course of the day, which usually ends with me binge eating at night when I would usually be exercising. Seriously, I'm at a total loss here. I'm pondering and think I come to a conclusion that makes sense but...

 
If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

Strangely enough seeing that I'm doing better than I thought has really made me want to do better. I have plans this summer that I want to be in better shape for, and I have long term plans that I need to be in better shape for, so knowing that I am harder on myself about my health and that I am closer to that 5.9 than I was six months ago is actually really motivating. I'm going to get a stationary bike so I can work out while watching How I Met Your Mother. I'm going to remember my password to My Fitness Pal and start using it again. I can get this!

Now if we could just get this off of my kitchen table...

Not a lie.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment