Monday, February 18, 2013

Where's the Doctor?

I don't know if it was a conscious decision or not, but most of my doctors all have offices along the same street. In my head I've started to call this street Doctor Row. And this month I'll have spent way more time on Doctor Row than I want to. It's not that I'm sick- well, not any sicker than usual. I'm trying to take better care of myself...and it seems whenever I do that all hell breaks loose.


Nothing a sonic screwdriver won't fix...
 
I went to see the optometrist first, because I was overdue for my yearly check up. Now I have a prescription that is not much different from the one I am currently using but didn't want to shell out $150 for new sunglass frames. My insurance helps to pay for new lenses every year but new frames every other  year...not sure how that works, exactly, but since I can't very well be without my glasses long enough for them to send them out to have the lenses put in and sent back I guess I...alternate between sunglasses and regular ones? I don't know.
 
 
He's already TARDIS blue!
 
After that came a totally unplanned trip to the podiatrist, where I learned that wearing cheap shoes for most of my life has resulted in plantar fasciitis, a nice doctory way of saying "Damn, it hurts to walk." Basically it's inflammation of the thick tissue (the plantar fascia) on the bottom of your foot. It's what connects your toes to your heel and helps form your arch. I'm only allowed to swim and bicycle for exercise until it heals. No Walking/Running/Jogging. Well, No Pool, and Not Able To Swim Anyway because of Dex Sensor Permanently Attached to My Stomach. And also No Bike. And NO GYM MEMBERSHIP because that's just throwing money away if you're me. I never thought I'd miss exercising until I was medically instructed not to do it.
 
Truth.
 
This morning I am going to get blood work done for my appointment with my endocrinologist next week. I had to hit up a quick- care this weekend already for another infection that needed antibiotics, so by the time February is over I'll have been to the doctor (including the follow up next week with my podiatrist) six times.
 
Ugh. At this rate I'll need a time machine in order to make it to all these appointments. Somebody get me in touch with The Doctor...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment